- We recommend still providing them for download platforms since the flexible legal terms are related to streaming platforms
- The original authors of the content can exercise their right to prevent the publication of any version or reinterpretation of their opus.
What should the license look like?
- COMPULSORY LICENSES: these are licenses that should look like the attachment of this article.
- CUSTOM LICENSES: these are licenses that are issued by both parts involved (owner of the original piece and owner of the cover), and must include, at least, the following:
- Name of the person who is making the cover
- Name of the original piece artist
- Publisher of the original song
- Signature of the original author, or at least the publisher, and the person who is making the cover.
Where can I get a license if needed?
- Permission of the publisher of the original author (official signed document)
- Easy song licensing (For custom licenses)
- Harry Fox Agency (For custom licenses)
- Other services